Welcome to the ASCE Utility Engineering & Surveying Institute's Maryland Chapter
The Utility Engineering & Surveying Institute (UESI) offers professionals working within the utility, pipeline engineering, and surveying/geomatics communities the opportunity to network with others and shape the future of the industry by participating in technical activities, conferences, and the development of internationally recognized standards.
- Provide a national and international forum for exchange of technical and professional ideas.
- Identify and disseminate developing technologies and research.
- Develop and promote asset management best practices.
- Enhance collaboration with ASCE’s technical, professional, and educational groups.
- Develop partnerships with national and international organizations that are similar in nature to the Institute.
- Identify, reduce, and manage uncertainty in surveying and utility infrastructure.
- Assist in the development of associated public policy.
Kick-off Meeting Wrap-up
We had a fantastic turnout at our inaugural event in March with over 60 attendees. Our invited speakers from local municipalities and consulting firms presented valuable information on current issues affecting the utility and surveying community including corrosion protection, G.I.S. vs. land surveying boundaries, and recent lessons learned among others. We concluded the seminar with a great exchange of information during our round table discussion. In celebration of the formation of the Maryland Chapter, a networking happy hour was held at a local watering hole later that evening.
Thank you to our speakers and everyone who attended our kick-off meeting. We hope to see you all again at our next event!